We hope you find these frequently asked questions about BODENFLO products useful and informative.
BODENFLO lists FAQS about DC miniature air vacuum pump product basics, purchasing guidance, quality assurance, etc.
Q: What is BODENFLO?
BODENFLO® is our Chinese trademark brand name for our miniature pump series, registered in November 2021. Since 2003, our company has been producing high-quality BODENFLO® pumps and has a reputation for providing innovative solutions along with excellent customer service.
Q: What are the top 4 comparing factors to look for before purchasing miniature pumps?
- Make sure you know the requirements for your project, then when looking at options, compare Flow rate, Pressure, Vacuum, and Current.
- Compare pump size and weight.
- Understand the wattage and voltage that the equipment uses.
- Make sure that the products have verifiable quality.
Q: How do I know which model will work best for my needs?
There are several factors that determine which model will work best for your needs. These include flow rate, pressure, size, frequency of use (or how often you plan on using it), and what types of diaphragm materials you plan on using it with.
If you’re unsure which model will work best for your application, please click here or contact us so we can help!
Q: What is micro diaphragm pump and how does it work?
Miniature diaphragm air vacuum pump is driven by a motor driven eccentric wheel to drive the diaphragm inside the pump to do reciprocating motion and the pump cavity one-way valve group open and close, circulating driven airflow, therefore generating negative(vacuum) and positive pressure.
Check out this Product page to learn more about the custom range of micro diaphragm air vacuum pumps. Check out our catalogs to view models and parameters of miniature pumps.
Q: Do all micro air vacuum pumps have the same motor type?
There are two different types of motors used in these products: brushless DC motors, and brushed DC motors. Each one has its own advantages and disadvantages depending on what kind of application you need it for.
Q: How does the micro pump start?
Brushless motor version of the micropump:
- Connect the red wire to the positive pole of the power supply
- Connect the black wire to the negative pole of the power supply
Brushed motor version of the micropump:
- The red dot is connected to the positive pole of the power supply
- The other side is connected to the negative pole of the power supply
Q: What is the difference between brushed version mini pumps and brushless version mini pumps?
Brushless motor (BLDC) version of the micropumps:
- Advantages: long life, low electromagnetic interference, low noise, especially suitable for continuous operation around the clock or frequent start and stop; many optional functions (PWM, CW&CCW, FG, BRAKE);
- Disadvantages: Negative pressure, positive pressure, flow and other parameters are smaller than the brushed version; the cost is higher than the brushed version.
Brushed motor version of the micropumps:
- Advantages: low cost, large motor torque and high parameters.
- Disadvantages: can not work for a long time; the life of brushed micro-pumps is shorter than that of brushless micro-pumps; it will interfere with electronic components.
To continue to learn about the difference between the two, click here
Q: What kind of certificate do the DC small pumps have?
All product series have passed CE, EMC, and ROHS certifications.
Some products have passed FCC certification.
To dear customers, if your country requires other certifications, please explain in advance and we will fully cooperate.
Q: What kinds of micro air vacuum pump accessories are available?
|one-way valve / check valve||Used in pneumatic systems to prevent the flow of compressed air in the reverse direction, to ensure the one-way flow of gas.|
|Silicone shock-absorbing bracket||Use in micro-pumps for shock absorption, Flexible installation, and noise reduction.|
|Filter||Can filter fixed particles in the gas, to avoid particles into the pump cavity leading to diaphragm wear and affecting the work of the check valve, it is recommended to replace regularly.|
|Silencer / Muffler/ Noise Reducer||Intervention air circuit is used to eliminate and reduce the airflow noise brought about by the work of the pump.|
|Silicone hose||For gas/liquid transport.|
|PWM Controller||Input PWM frequency and duty cycle, using potentiometer rotation to adjust the airflow.|
Q: What is the PWM speed control function?
It can output square waves through the circuit (PWM pulse width modulation) and use the signal “duty cycle” to adjust the motor speed and change the output flow of the pump, fast and slow, as you like; it can directly adjust the flow of the pump, completely without valve adjustment, simplifying the air circuit system.
Q: What is DC?
This is Direct Current. Most miniature pumps on the market use low-voltage DC. A transformer or low-voltage battery is often required to step-down the AC voltage to a suitable level for the micropump, which is normally 3V, 6V, 12V or 24V DC.
Q: How to choose DC power supply?
The power supply firstly depends on the output of the mini pump, how much power needs to be output, and how much voltage and current is required.
To start the motor, it needs a large starting torque, so the motor needs a high current at the moment of starting.
In order to ensure the normal operation of the pump, it is recommended to purchase a DC power supply that is 3-5 times higher than the pump current. Otherwise, the pump may not start or even burn up.
Q: Which instrument is used to detect the flow rate?
Flow rate measured with glass rotameter.
Q: How is your quality control？
- The company has an independent quality department, reporting directly to the CEO.
- Quality responsibilities are divided into two parts: quality assurance and quality management.
- The company has obtained ISO9001 certification, and the quality department ensures that the company operates in compliance with ISO9001.
- Quality assurance starts from customer demand to the whole process of quality control of product delivery, including IQC, IPQC, FQC, OQC.
- Over the years, our quality customer complaints have been on a downward trend.
Q: The sample is good, but there are quality problems in mass production?
Each sample has production and inspection records from the quality department.
If a bulk order is placed, the production department can only produce according to the standard process. If there are changes, we will confirm with you.
Q: What test reports are available?
Regular CE, RoHS, and our quality department will update regularly every year.
Also, we have inspection reports for our shipments. If customers have special needs, we can apply for third-party testing reports from our company.
Find more FAQ Related Links： FAQ About Micro Air Pump/ Vacuum Pump | BODENFLO